The websites that I design offer clarity, simplicity, speed and function. To achieve this, a variety of web design techniques are used to create websites in a way that is pleasing to the eye, easy reading, easy to navigate and quick to download.
During the initial free consultation, a variety of options can be discussed with the aim of ensuring we meet the needs for both you and your customers/clients. To ensure your requirements are met, the consultation will continue throughout the build of your website.
Each of the websites I create are written using modern HTML & CSS coding and are validated using the W3C Markup Validation Service, which helps to ensure all websites are fully accessible meeting Disability Discrimination Act requirements. Before starting the build of your website, it may be worth considering the following:
- Are regular changes going to be required
- Choose an easy to remember domain name
- What colour scheme you would like to use
- All pages should be eye catching, but easy to read
- Try not to display too much information on one page
- Any information needs to be copyright free and written consistantly
- Choose a font style that will be browser friendly & easy to read
- Animated graphics & scrolling text are certainly eye catching, but they are not the best option for accessibility
- Try to include at least one image on each page
All websites include:
- Unlimited MB of reliable webspace based in multi–million pound servers located in the UK
- Unrestricted visitor bandwidth
- E–mail / webmail accounts with forwarders if required
- 99.9% uptime (guaranteed) on all hosting packages
- Basic search engine optimisation and website submission
- Small changes to website services
Options and Pricing
I am aware that everyone will have their own requirements and I believe the following options will cater for the needs of most people:
Option 1 - Domain name registration, purchase web space, website creation, create & set up Google map/analytics, set up mailboxes/e-mail forwarding, etc. Initial set up cost with yearly maintenance fee.
Option 2 - The same as option 1, but includes creating and setting up social media accounts to help boost marketing options. Includes basic training, allowing users to start using social media to reach out to clients, customers, stakeholders, etc.
Additional Hours - Blocks of 5 hours can be purchased for any additional work such as photography, imaging, creation of slideshows, video production, training, etc. that may be required. Also creation of social media accounts, google accounts & more.
Regular communication - Good communication will help ensure the design and build of your website is to your satisfaction. Monthly reports are sent to your chosen email address.
Pricing - Each build will depend on your needs and may vary depending on the content and provided information. If you are looking for a website or photography service, please contact me and I will do my best to meet your requirements at an affordable price. Sample websites are available on request.